WE BELIEVE THAT MUCH OF WHAT A TEAM NEEDS TO DO TO BE EFFECTIVE IS ALREADY ACCESSIBLE TO THOSE INVOLVED – IT’S JUST NOT NECESSARILY CONSCIOUS, SHARED, OR ACTIVATED.
Tailored to teams
Team members are asked a series of questions about their context at work. Variations of the question set are available for different team circumstances. When put together, their answers map out how their views converge or diverge, so the common ground and differences become clear. The data is treated anonymously and shown in simple visualizations.
This allows leaders and teams to pinpoint and address the disconnects. Misunderstandings about the strategic frame can be corrected. Participants are better able to connect to the strategy and organization, and how it relates to their work. They can see what needs to change to deliver better together. This is facilitated by trained Mirror Mirror practitioners, safely and constructively.
When people hear the views and assumptions of others in their group, more empathy and understanding can arise
With a better shared understanding, they are better able to co-create practical ways forward and put them into action.
Teams are defined as being a group of 5 – 20 people with shared goals.
With a Mirror Mirror report, you can see:
- How teams score across a range of effectiveness behaviours
- What team members think is important and why
- How team members see their challenges
- What is coming up as needed, missing, working
- How factors outside the influence of the team are seen to affect performance.
Mirror Mirror programmes
There are two main programmes – the Full Picture and the Mirror Quick Scan. The outcomes are the same, but the Full Picture goes deeper, involving a 1:1 interview with each team member and longer workshop times. Both can be delivered remotely or in person, providing these benefits:
- Improve team engagement, alignment and effectiveness
- Create a more open, respectful, and inclusive team culture
- Promote team engagement and agility
- Generate useful feedback for relevant stakeholders.
ONE HOUR PER PERSON PLUS A WHOLE TEAM DAY
This programme creates significant, measurable change in how team members see their work and collaboration in the context of their shared goals.
- A guided anonymous interview and survey per team member (60 mins per participant)
- An alignment report based on key insight areas
- A tailored one-day workshop based on guidance from the Leader / Manager, resulting in an action plan co-created by the team
- Follow up and evaluation.
20 minutes per person plus a half team day
This programme is a shorter, semi-automated version of the Full Picture programme. It is best for rapid delivery across multiple teams, providing the same benefits but to a lesser extent. The process is:
- Advanced, anonymous e-survey (20 mins per participant)
- An alignment overview report based on key insight areas
- A half day workshop resulting in an action plan, co-created by the team
- Follow up evaluation.